In the beginning of the New Year many people make New Year resolutions. Sometimes one of them is how to stop worrying and sometimes even how to stop worrying about everything. It makes a lot easier when we get some information on the subject “Why We Should Not Worry” to get a handle on it.
Let’s look at the definition of worry in Wikipedia: Worry is thoughts and images of a negative nature in which mental attempts are made to avoid anticipated potential threats.
Dictionary.com says: to torment oneself with or suffer from disturbing thoughts; fret.
There are many things that can plague a mind and one of them is worry. Worry makes everything harder than it needs to be and it puts stress on you that you just don’t need. It’s going to take a lot of energy to do what God has called you to do in this life. Why should you make it harder by adding worry?
If you always worry about the marriage, you are not helping the relationship. If you always worry about your children, you are not helping them either. Worry is something that robs your thought-life. It steals your focus away from what is good and draws it into the realm of fear.
The Word of God is powerful and it brings peace of mind. But we have to sow it into our heart by spending time reading it and letting its truths sink in. Just like you can’t expect to have peace if you never read the Word, you can’t expect to live worry-free if you don’t take time to pray and turn your troubles over to the Lord.
Here are 8 bible verses/Reasons “Why We Should Not Worry”:
- Your life is more than food Matt.6:25
- Your body is more than clothing Matt.6:25
- We are more than materials Matt. 6:25
- We are greater than the birds. Our heavenly Father feeds them without them doing anything for it. We are far more valuable to Him than they are. Matt.6:26
- All your worries cannot add one single moment to your life. Matt.6:27
- We are better than plants that don’t worry about their clothing. Matt.6:28-30
- God’s divine intervention is all over creation, not only for the birds and plants that never buy, sell, manufacture or labor. Matt.6:26-32
- Worry is useless and sinful and must not be tolerated. Matt.6:33-34
Here are 3 inspirational quotes on worry:
“As a rule, men worry more about what they can’t see than about what they can”. Julius Caesar.
This is so true: “we live by faith and not by sight”!
“If only the people who worry about their liabilities would think about the riches they do possess, they would stop worrying. Dale Carnegie
“Our fatigue is often caused not by work, but by worry, frustration and resentment”. Dale Carnegie
You can’t talk yourself out of worry, but you can pray yourself out of it. Remember that!
Would you like to know some more about how to get motivated Why We Should Not Worry? I am thinking about posting another post soon. Let me know by writing a comment please!