7 Lessons on Prayer on the model how Jesus taught on Prayer
1. Stay within the bounds of certain general principles of prayer and you will learn:
1) How to begin Luke 11:2
“Lord, teach us to pray,” vs 1 is a good prayer, and a very needful one, for Jesus Christ only can teach us, by his word and Spirit, how to pray. Lord, teach me what it is to pray; Lord, stir up and quicken me to the duty; Lord, direct me what to pray for; teach me what I should say.
“When ye pray, say” – And what he said to them is undoubtedly said to us also. We are therefore here directed, not only to imitate this in all our prayers, but to use this very form of prayer.
2) Whom to address vs 2 John14:13-15; John15:16; John16:23-26
Message Bible says it like this: “When you pray, say, Father, Reveal who you are. Set the world right. Or
“When you pray, say this: Father, let your name be kept holy. Let your kingdom come. GodsWord
“Pray in this way: ‘Father, help us to honor your name. Come and set up your kingdom. CEV
Any way, make it a point to revere the Father in heaven.
3) Whose name to revere Lk11:2
4) Whose will to obey Lk11:2
5) Whose interest to serve and have at heart Lk11:2; Mt.22:37
6) What to ask for Lk 11:2-4
7) How to keep clear channels to God Lk11:4; 1John 3:21-22
8) How to live with our fellowmen Lk11:4; Mark11:25-26; Eph.4
9) How to live with God Lk11: 4; 1Jn.1:3-9; Jn17:2-3
10) How to live free from sin Lk11:4; Rom.6:16-23; Rom8:12-13
2. Be bold as the friends of God, importune, urge with frequent solicitation, be tenacious in purpose, stubbornly adhering to a purpose; continue steadily, incessant, refuse to give an inch; be desperate, demanding, insistent, eager and troublesome in pursuit of what God has promised. Lk11:5-8; Lk 18:1-8; Hebr. 4:14-16; Hebr. 10:19-23, Hebr.10:36
3. Believe in and have confidence in the absolute certainty of answered prayer with no wavering or doubt as to the final outcome Lk.11:9-10; Mt.7:7-11; Lk17:20; Lk21:21; Mk.9:23; Mk.11:22-24; John14:12-15; John15:7, 16; John16:23-26; Hebr. 11:6, Jas.1:5-8; 1John 3:19-22; 1John 5:14-15.
4. Believe in and have confidence in the infinite Fatherhood of God, realizing that He is at least as interested in our welfare as an earthly parent, that He will give all things which are best to His children and that He will give exactly what is asked accordingly to His will and Word.Lk.11:11-13; Matt.7:7-11; 1John 3:19-22; 1John3:19-22; 1John5:14-15; Psalm 84:11.
5. Believe in and know beyond all possible doubt that it is the will of God for His children to get what they will and want. Lk11:9-13; Psalm23:1; Psalm34:9-10; Psalm 84:11; Matt.17:20; Matt.21:21; Mk11:22-24; John 15:7.
6. Believe in and ask God for the Holy Spirit, the all-inclusive gift, who will enable us to pray and get answers. Lk11:13; Rom.8:26-28; Eph.2:18; Eph.6:18; Jude 20; John 7:37-39.
7. Believe in and never question it, that God will answer each person who prays right, not just a few special ones Luke 11:9-13; Matt.7:7-11; Mk.9:23; Mk11:24; John 14:12-15; Rom 2:11.
Anyone who learns and practices these lessons well, will get answers.
Source: Dake’s Annotated Reference Bible