10 Personal Questions to Ask Yourself
to Stay on Top of Life
I thought on my ways, and turned my feet unto thy testimonies
In the constant activity and noisiness of life, it is easy to let time go by without taking time to think about truly important things. Sometimes this leads to good behaviours slipping and bad ones taking their place. Our relationships are particularly vulnerable when we allow ourselves to be become caught up in the fast pace of life and don’t take time to think about what we value.
I’ve made the commitment to regularly slow down, be quiet and search my heart, or as the psalmist put it, “think on my ways.”
Here are 10 questions I use to think on my ways. If you will answer these questions honestly, and make any necessary corrections, you will make great progress in your life.
I invite you to consider the following questions on a regular basis.
1. Do I give enough attention to the people I love? Am I investing enough in them to show them how much I love them? Do I give them the best of my time and energy? I don’t like to put things before people, so I make sure that I am prioritizing people over possessions.
2. Am I teachable? This is important to me. I want to be open-minded and slow to become defensive. I want people to know they can speak into my life, even when the point they are making might be difficult for me.
3. Am I a woman/man of my own word? Does my “yes” really mean “yes”? I don’t want to get in the habit of telling a truth that is convenient in the moment. I want others to be confident that they can count on me to do what I say I will.
4. How am I managing the gifts and talents that God has given me? Am I a generous person or am I a hoarder? I never want to be greedy, do you?
5. Is my behaviour as it should be? Are there any sins and habits controlling me that I am not aware of? Is there something that I don’t want anybody to know about?
6. How am I taking care of myself? Am I disciplining my eating, sleeping and exercising habits?
7. Am I kind to people who are less fortunate than I or do I look down on them and even take advantage of them? Do I treat them as I want to be treated? Do I encourage them to move beyond their circumstances?
8. Am I listening to the words I speak? What do they reveal about me? Do I gossip, criticize, complain or slander? Or, do my words reflect a heart of joy and gratitude?
9. How am processing pain and disappointments? Do I suppress uncomfortable emotions and avoid dealing with what’s really going on?
10. Would God say that I love Him with all my heart, soul, mind and strength?
Will you make the choice to take action on any areas that your answers reveal you are not acting in accordance with God’s Word and your personal values? Ask the Holy Spirit to help you make the choice to change. Now, that’s the choice-driven life!
Today’s Bible Reading:
1 Sam 30-31; 1 Chr 10; Acts 20
Click Here for your 5 Day Weekly Bible Reading plan!
Subscribe to our FREE Updates as soon as they are published and receive our FREE Report; Click Here
The Most Important Choice You Can Make:
Prayer for Salvation:
God in Heaven, I come to You in the name of Your Son, Jesus. I confess that I haven’t lived my life for You. I believe that Jesus is the Son of God. I believe that He died on the cross and rose again from the dead so I might have a better life now and eternal life in heaven. Jesus, come into my heart and be my Lord and Savior. From this day forward, I’ll live my life for You to the best of my ability. In Jesus’ Name I pray, Amen.
Click Here if you need more information.